måndag 8 augusti 2011

Beginning of the week update!

Hi there!

It's been a short while since my last update, I've been out of town, but more on that in later updates...

This week I'm sharing a quick (relatively), economic, crafty, nifty and fun way to make your own sketch book!

As is the way with lots of things in my life there is a story behind it all, and even so with this sketch book. Last autumn I bought animation paper, since I want my animation paper a certain size, I bought a pack of A3 paper and cut them to the size I wanted, that left me with about 500 pieces of oddly shaped bits of paper, I didn't throw them away, because I thought they might come in handy...

In one of the drawing classes I took last semester we spoke about sketch books, that they needn't be expensive and leather bound and what have you, basically what you need is a small bunch of papers. So a couple of weeks later I made my first sketch book with the left over pieces of paper that I had. Even if this isn't rocket science I'm going to walk you through it:


1) My papers are 29,6 x 9,9 cm, I'm only giving you the measurements to give you an idea of the size of the book. If you want another size, go with that!
2) Fold the paper.
3) Make holes, I used a regular paper punch.
4) When you have a decent amount of folded and holed papers, take a string of some kind and pull it through the holes a couple of times.
5) Make a knot.
6) And voila, your own custom made sketch book!

To optimize the sketch book, you can have a thicker paper or cardboard in the bottom so it isn't so foldsy and bendsy. What's neat with this sketch book is that you can make it whatever size and how thick you want it. You can optimize it completely to your own needs!

Take care!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar